brooke's pages::

Monday, March 17, 2014

Off the Beaten Path tour review!


If you're a fan of country music, this concert review is for you!

Justin Moore, Randy Houser, and Josh Thompson are currently on tour together for the Off the Beaten Path tour.

I had the pleasure of seeing them play in Ypsilanti, MI on the 15th!

This was an interesting concert for me because none of these bands are particularly my "favorites." I love country music but these weren't artists I have ever really gotten into. I enjoy a couple songs by each of them, but I am by no means a die hard fan of any of these singers.

I was pleasantly surprised, however, by this concert.

Josh Thompson came out first, obviously. He has a genuine and unique sound to him and that is amplified when he's live rather than recorded. He got everyone into the concert very well. I believe Josh will just continue to get bigger and will be a big name just like Randy and Justin someday.

Randy Houser was probably my least favorite of all of them live. I'm not a big fan of him normally and he didn't really sell me on his performance. He has a decent voice but he's not very engaging when he performs. I was a little disappointed.

Justin Moore was actually my favorite. I love his southern accent and I think it's more pronounced live. He has an easily distinguished voice from others and I like that about him. He performs well too, even only for the little amount of time I stayed to see him (not by fault of Justin, just didn't feel well). He is a great performer and I would be interested in seeing Justin play again (luckily for me, he's playing at the county fair in my hometown this summer).

Overall, it was a good concert. It could've been better {especially without the drunk people in front of us that spilled their beers, threw their trash everywhere, and then the girl that was passed out...} but I think it was worth it!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

Evan and Lauren's Cool Blog said...

Sounds like an awesome concert. It is tough with drunk people at concerts. They can be quite annoying.

Dawn @ Pin-n-Tell said...

How cool is this! I love country music and I'm super jealy you got to review a CONCERT! How in the world did you get this opp?!? Do spill ;)