brooke's pages::

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Relationships that last a lifetime.

Friends are literally the best thing you can have in life.
Now, don't kill me, I know I didn't say family.
There's a reason for that.
Family should be your first priority, not your friends, right?
But a lot of people don't have supportive families, and if you do, correct me if I'm wrong, they are your friends then (even if we don't want to admit that Mom is our best friend and our sister is the person you confide in the most).
But really, friends are incredible.
They're the people that know you inside and out.
They know you better than just about anyone else.
They're the ones that stay up until four in the morning because you needed to vent.
They're those people that you can have honest heart-to-hearts with, just because.
Friendship isn't about whether or not you know the person's favorite color, or favorite food, or favorite music (though truthfully, if we're friends and you don't know my favorite music, there's a problem).
It's about knowing the things that will put a smile on your face, or instantly make you angry.
It's about doing those things that will put a smile on your face and avoiding those things that instantly make you angry.
It's about being supportive and loving each other throughout every choice a person makes.
My friends are, in all honesty, the best thing in my life.
I just wanted to say, if you have good friends, never ever ever let anything get in the way of that.

No comments: