Tuesday, May 26, 2015
Random Acts of Kindness
Personally, I love doing the smallest, simplest things for people to make their day. My mom loves to do them as well, which is where I've gotten most of my ideas. I just thought that I would share these with all of you so that maybe you could make someones day by doing just one simple thing. Some may cost money, but there are many that don't!
1. Leave a sticky note on a personal belonging just saying simple things such as "You're an awesome person," or "Have a great day! :)" It also makes people smile, especially when they're left wondering who left it. Or, similarly...
2. ...leave one on a bathroom mirror or a mirror in a common place! Even the back of a door (provided you cannot get into trouble by doing so). Simply leaving a note on a girls' bathroom mirror saying "You're beautiful, you don't need this mirror!" is all it takes to make a person's day.
3. This is my mom's specialty so I just thought I would share this with you. This one can get a little more pricey if you do it often, but it's so worth watching the reaction. If you go through a drive-thru, preferably before work/school, not around dinner time unless you want the potential of paying for a full family's meal, ask the person working the register how much the person behind you's meal will cost. If it's in your price range, hand over the money. Then while you're at the next window, you can watch their reaction from a safe distance, and that saves you from interacting with them, if you're concerned about that!
4. Do a favor/small job for someone, and don't accept a payment, in any form. It only takes a little bit of time and it can mean so much to someone else who is maybe having a bad day or their check was smaller than they'd like, etc. It can help someone out monumentally.
5. Write a note or letter to a person that has helped you out. Thank someone. Just think how happy you would be if someone did this for you, a thank-you out of the blue!
6. A little bit similar to the last one, call or write a letter to a parent or parents, or even someone who has been a big part of you life. Parents, coaches, teachers, old bosses, pastors, etc. They've done a lot for you, I'm sure. Tell them you love them. You appreciate them. They're some of your biggest supporters so why not give them a little love too?
7. This one is special to college students/people residing in some apartments, etc. If you live somewhere that there are coin-operated laundry facilities and you happen to have some extra quarters lying around, get the amount needed for one and put them in the machine so someone gets a nice surprise when they go to do their laundry!
Random Acts of Kindness are one of the most simple things you can do to make a big difference in someone elses' life. Make someone smile!
What are some of your favorite RAK's to do?