brooke's pages::

Thursday, January 9, 2014

The college diaries {the third}.



At my college, we do something called interim classes {also referred to as J-term most of the time!} and that's what we've just started today.

Basically, instead of taking however many classes to get to credit limit, we take one class that happens every day for three hours a day for three weeks and then receive credit for that class after just three weeks. It's a great idea, really.

Today was our first class and I have our base-level computer class as my J-term class. Luckily for me, one of my best friends is in it!

I'm not thrilled about having a three hour class every day {did I mention it begins at 8:30am and we don't really get a "break" with my class?} but at least it's a computer class that I can understand rather than a science or history class, right? :)

This week is also just fun because last night & tonight my friend Liz & I have stayed in our friend Hannah's room! Sleepovers are still fun no matter how old you are. I'm also working on completing one item from my college years bucket list: spend 7 days in any room but my own. Tonight is night #2. The next two nights I'll be staying with a different friend, then one night with a third friend, then back here for the last two nights!

I surprisingly am enjoying this J-term idea. Hopefully this semester, now that I have decided to start using Wunderlist, I will actually do my work and pass my class, unlike first semester. I'm still working through a lot of the issues I was having last semester but let's hope this goes better!

No comments: